MAC Consulting has been working for leading organisations in the oil and gas industry, both in South Africa, and internationally.
- The low price of oil has dominated the industry for the last few years, spurring organisations to lower production and distribution, as well as general and administrative costs. While the industry has adjusted to new economic realities, the drive for sustained profitability continues.
- The search for growth is driven upstream by looking for oil and gas deposits which are accessible at new cost points.
- Asset portfolio rebalancing is taking the form of multi-nationals divesting refining and retail businesses in smaller markets, like Southern Africa.
- New players with nimbler organisations and less cost overhead, have entered the downstream retail and wholesale distribution markets, encouraged by regulators. Larger organisations are selling distribution assets to them as they seek to reduce their low yield assets.
- There is energy policy uncertainty in many geographies, while political and economic stability remain issues.
Relevant MAC service offerings
- Voice of the customer – enabling organisations to collaborate and place the customer at the centre of improved service.
- Sprints – building agile capabilities through identifying customer or product opportunities, and rapidly implanting changes, then iterating on the insights learned.
- Operating model – continuous improvement of processes, structures, measures and ways of working.
- Continuous improvement – using LEAN to drive continuous improvement in operations.
- Community engagement – enabling organisations to develop and deliver on a more meaningful level in the communities where they work.