Every year billions are spent on good causes by corporates, DFIs, donors and aid agencies. Too often, however, results are disappointing, with no real positive change at economic, social or environmental levels.
At MAC, we believe in accessing development funding to leverage shared value and promote collective impact. We employ a six-step approach to access development funding on behalf of clients and seek to leverage collaborative funding. The six steps include:
- The identification of the opportunity.
- An assessment of potential funders.
- The assessment and facilitating of an agreement with implementers.
- Preparation and submission of the application on behalf of the implementer.
- Once successful, facilitation of legal agreements to meet delivery and impact targets.
- Assisting with the implementation of the funded project, as well as monitoring and evaluation of results.
Different donor and DFI groupings exist for the various types of developmental challenges and MAC databases are continuously updated to ensure that our knowledge and approaches to accessing development finance remain relevant.